Welcome to spring sports 2022
Registration is open and closes on April 2, 2022.
For over 30 years, the Bridlewood Community Association has proudly offered an 8-week spring sports program in May and June for children currently enrolled in grades JK – 9. All sports are played on Bridlewood fields and are played one (1) night a week (Monday – Friday) starting at 6 pm.
Cost for BCA Members:
$50 per sport per participant, up to $150 for four or more sports. Volume discount applies to children of the same family.
Cost for Non-BCA Members:
$65 per sport per participant. No additional discounts apply.
Players receive a t-shirt, hat, a medal, and refreshments (pizza and drinks) at a banquet in June. For any parent that coaches a team, they will receive a $50 honorarium at the end of the season!
The sports offered and the evenings they are played are (subject to change):
- JK Soccer (Wednesday)
- SK Soccer (Wednesday)
- Junior Soccer: Grades 1-2 (Friday)
- Intermediate Soccer: Grades 3-4 (Monday)
- Senior Soccer: Grades 5-6 (Thursday)
- JK/SK T-Ball (Monday)
- Junior Coach Pitch: Grades 1, 2 & 3 (Wednesday)
- Intermediate Coach Pitch: Grades 4, 5 & 6 (Tuesday)
- Ultimate Frisbee: Grades 7-9 (Tuesday)
The program begins the first week of May (weather permitting) and runs for 8 weeks. All sports begin with a practice at 6 pm and the games begin at 6:30 pm. IMPORTANT REMINDER: Children must be supervised by a parent or authorized adult at all times.
Overall Objectives of the Spring Sport Program:
- Emphasize safety and fun first!
- Help young athletes develop coordination, a sense of teamwork and teach the fundamentals of the sport.
- Recognize the important contribution that sports can make to our children and our community.
- Afford families a chance to get to know other Bridlewood families in a relaxed, fun, outdoor setting. Make new friends!
- Reinforce the True Sports Principles as part of the culture supported by the BCA, the City of Ottawa and local schools.