Welcome to spring sports 2019
Registration is CLOSED
For over 30 years, the Bridlewood Community Association has proudly offered an 8-week spring sports program in May and June for children currently enrolled in grades JK – 9. All sports are played on Bridlewood fields and are played one (1) night a week (Monday – Friday) starting at 6 pm. Players receive a t-shirt, a medal and refreshments (pizza and drinks) at a banquet in June. For any parent that coaches a team, they will received a $50 honorarium at the end of the season!
The sports offered and the evenings they are played are (subject to change):
- JK Soccer (Wednesday)
- SK Soccer (Wednesday)
- Junior Soccer: Grades 1-2 (Friday)
- Intermediate Soccer: Grades 3-4 (Monday)
- Senior Soccer: Grades 5-6 (Thursday)
- JK T-Ball (Monday)
- SK T-Ball (Monday)
- Junior Coach Pitch: Grades 1–2 (Wednesday)
- Intermediate Coach Pitch: Grades 3-4 (Thursday)
- Senior Coach Pitch: Grades 5-6 (Tuesday)
- Ultimate Frisbee: Grades 7-9 (Tuesday)
The program begins the first week of May (weather permitting) and runs for 8 weeks. All sports begin with a practice at 6 pm and the games begin at 6:30 pm. IMPORTANT REMINDER: Children must be supervised by a parent or authorized adult at all times.
Overall Objectives of the Spring Sport Programme:
- Emphasize safety and fun first!
- Help young athletes develop coordination, a sense of teamwork and teach the fundamentals of the sport.
- Recognize the important contribution that sports can make to our children and our community.
- Afford families a chance to get to know other Bridlewood families in a relaxed, fun, outdoor setting. Make new friends!
- Reinforce the True Sports Principles as part of the culture supported by the BCA, the City of Ottawa and local schools.
Once again, thank you for volunteering to be a coach or assistant coach in the BCA Spring Sports Program.
Equipment and jerseys for all teams was provided during the Coaches Clinic. If you have questions or if you have equipment that needs repair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.